Saturday, August 17, 2013

I have missed you blog.

This has been a good summer. It's Jord and I's first summer together completely, since the last 2 years I was away at school until the end of July. We got new bikes and spent a lot of time on those at the beginning of the summer and still do. We live pretty close to the Glenmore Reservoir which is a very nice path so we go there often. We still want to venture out to Fish Creek Park a little more. 







Of course in Calgary we don't get a real summer. But on certain days it tries to pretend its summer and that is much appreciated. However on the first day of official summer we had what they call a 100 year flood here in Calgary. The city was in a state of emergency for about 2 weeks. It was terrible. I have never witnessed such destruction from water before. 





Of course downtown was shut down and Jordan got to work from home for almost 2 weeks. The saddledome had water up to the 10th row of seats or something close to that. The amazing thing is that stampede was 2 weeks after the flood and they had it all ready with the new slogan "Come Hell or High Water". It was so nice that they wanted to keep the spirit of Calgary alive. It was also crazy how many people went out to help as soon as people were allowed into their homes. I would have like to help out more, but I did have a chance to go to Bowness to help and High River a few times with Jordan. It looked like a war zone... I didn't take any pictures of that though, too muddy. 

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm glad you're back! I enjoy reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world again. You're inspiring me to update my blog too... and from the look of your blog, I really need you to help mine look better!

    ReplyDelete