Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sewing!

I have found a new hobby!  I am taking a home decor sewing class this semester and I have learned so much! I still have a lot to learn still though. But it has gotten me really excited about it and all I want to do now is sew! This weekend I didn't have much to do so I kept busy with sewing and I love it. It keeps my mind off of being alone here and it yields great things. Right now I am working on a quilt in class and it is really fun.  I have learned all about different feet for the sewing machine and how it makes it easier for different projects. 

My pictures from my camera are not showing up on my computer anymore since we reinstalled windows and I don't have Jordan here to solve the problems so I only have one pictures of my last project. I sewed a pillow case for the most comfy pillow ever but it was really ugly and orange. But now it looks great! I am so excited for it. I sewed another one for my friend Caitlyn because she has the same pillow. But I slightly messed up but it was a learning experience and it will still work out. I used minky fabric and on both of ours but on hers I cut it off grain I think. Minky is stretchy one way but not the other way. So when I tried to put her pillowcase over the pillow it was really hard to get on because it wouldn't stretch all all. But it is still doable, and I learned a lesson!
I also made this baby blanket!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! I want to take a sewing class... or maybe you can teach me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you decided they are called "feet" in plural afterall? lol. Funniest conversation ever ;)

    ReplyDelete